Complaints and Disputes Resolution Process
At Windsor Income Protection (We, Us, Our), We are committed to a prompt, fair, transparent and timely resolution of complaints and disputes.
How can we help you?
Although We strive to do things right and keep Our customers happy, complaints and disputes sometimes do occur. When this happens, Our objective is to resolve any disagreement as quickly and amicably as possible.
- provide all reasonable assistance in the formulation and lodgement of Your complaint or dispute,
- only ask for and take into account relevant information in considering the complaint or dispute,
- if requested, allow You to have access to information about You that We have relied on in assessing the complaint or dispute, except in special circumstances, such as where this would breach any laws (e.g. Privacy) or prejudice Us in relation to the complaint or dispute. If We are not able to provide information requested by You We will explain the reasons for this,
- immediately initiate action to correct any identified error or mistake in dealing with a complaint or dispute, and
- keep You informed of the progress of Our response to Your complaint or dispute.
All complaints and disputes are treated in confidence.
How to Make a Complaint
You may notify Us of any complaint via telephone, in writing, by email or in person. We focus on a ‘timely resolution’ and act with a sense of urgency.
Our Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) Process
If You have any concerns about Our conduct or the way Your claim is being/or has been handled, please contact Our office.
If via the telephone Our staff are appropriately authorised to deal with Your concerns.
If Your concerns cannot be dealt with to Your satisfaction immediately, the matter is escalated to Our Complaints Officer.
Any complaint in writing, by email or in person will be referred immediately to Our Complaints Officer.
In all instances the Complaints Officer will acknowledge receipt of Your complaint in writing within 24 hours, and attempt to resolve the complaint within 5 business days after Your initial contact. At the latest within 20 business days of receipt, or at a later time as agreed with You if further information or investigation is required.
We will keep you informed of the progress of Our review of Your complaint at least every 10 business days.
The Complaints Officer will advise You in writing of the final decision, including the reason for this decision. If the outcome is not in Your favour the Complaints Officer will provide information on how to access the available external dispute resolution process, this may vary depending on the Insurer.
Lloyd’s Australia Limited
When Your policy is issued with an Australian Coverholder and Windsor Income Protection is unable to resolve your complaint, the matter may be referred to Lloyd’s Australia IDR process. In these instances We will provide You with the Lloyd’s “What to do if you have a complaint?” document which explains the complaints process in more detail, including the external dispute resolution process.
Lloyd’s may be contacted at:
Lloyd's Australia Limited
Level 9, 1 O’Connell St, Sydney NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 8298 0783
Facsimile: (02) 8298 0788
External Dispute Resolution (EDR) Process
If Your complaint is unresolved or not resolved to your satisfaction within 45 calendar days, we will inform you of the reasons for the delay and that you may take the complaint or dispute to an external dispute resolution process.
Our Complaints Officer will provide full co-operation with the EDR body including the timely provision of all information and documentation required. Any determination of the EDR is implemented immediately.
Financial Ombudsman Service Limited
• with the Financial Ombudsman Service Australia if lodged before 1 November 2018:
Phone: 1800 367 287
Mail: Financial Ombudsman Service Limited GPO Box 3 Melbourne VIC 3001; or
• with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority if lodged on or after 1 November 2018:
Phone: 1800 931 678
Mail: Australian Financial Complaints Authority GPO Box 3 Melbourne VIC 3001
How much does this process cost You?
The complaints service is free of charge.
How to Contact Us
Mailing address: Lock Bag 3111 RHODES NSW 2138
Phone: 1300 547 966
Effective Date: 23/10/2018